I'm not going to lie, we had some scary moments in the Dominican Republic. So many times I wanted to hide in my bedroom with the door locked. God reminded me that "He is my protector." "He will never leave me, nor forsake me. So I can say with confidence, the Lord is my helper, why should I fear. What can man possibly do to me." It was like God reached out His mighty hand and said, "I got you Jen."
As fears creep into our lives, whether valid or ridiculous, our Father is all-powerful without limits. I just wonder what fears you and I need to put into God's mighty hands and walk with confidence into the dark places knowing He is with us?
Have you ever played, jump to daddy? You know like when you put your kid on the side of the pool, "jump to daddy." How crazy would it be if Brian told Elliott, "jump to daddy" then intentionally let him sink? He'd never do that. Or throw your kid up in the air and not catch him. That would be jacked up! So when our Father leads us to an edge of a cliff and asks us to jump, why would we doubt that He would catch us? If He lead you to it, He'll lead you through it. We can jump into the unknown and scary things not because of who we are, but because our Daddy is good and will catch us.
I will end this blog with this, "God has not given to us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and a sound mind." Go with Jesus anywhere He leads you...He's got you!
1.June 6th begins 6 straight weeks of groups. The very first group is perhaps the biggest MGM has had. Pray the facility and staff will be ready to handle such a high demand on water, food, transportation, septic, etc.
2. Pray for huge impacts on the Americans who are coming. Pray that they won't leave here unchanged.
3. Pray for our family. There is a big demand esp on Brian when groups are here. Pray we stay tight and keep focused.
4. Pray for my sister and my brother-in-law. They have been very generous to let us stay in their apartment when we are stateside. The apartment flooded and they have a mess to clean up without our help. They are tired but doing a good thing helping us out. Pray for endurance.
1. We are thankful for all our supporters! We praise God for raising up people to pray for us and to back up the ministry with your bucks.
2. The kids finished school! We are thankful for the possibility of sending Jamie to Creekside Christian School for part of the upcoming school year so she can graduate with her 8th grade class and so Elliott can be with his good friend Holden!
3. Thankful for our MANY new friends we have come to know here in the Dominican Republic!
4. Thankful for our puppy Samson. He was very sick and we thought he died but today he was brought back to us looking much better.
5. Thankful to be called, children of God! What a great truth! WOW!!! camp on that for a little while.
6. Thankful for all the emails and facebook messages. Keep them coming.